In this assessment, you will design and code a Java console application that validates the data entry of a course code (like IT4782) and report back if the course code is valid or not valid. The application uses the Java char and String data types to implement the validation. You can use either the Toolwire environment or your local Java development environment to complete this assessment.
Your program output should look like the sample output provided in the “Validate User Input Using Java Chars and Strings Instructions” course file resource. Full instructions for successfully completing this assessment are included in this resource. Use the submission template (WeekXSolutionSubmissionTemplate.docx).
Your assessment will be scored on the following criteria:
- Design a program that meets char and String processing requirements.
- Code an application that validates data entry.
- Test the application and document that testing.
- Explain the approach taken to complete data validation and the major decisions made.
- Identify relevant fundamental constructs in a submitted program.