Assignment 4: Research Paper Part 3 – The Results
Due Week 9 and worth 240 points
What do reporters, crime scene investigators, and sports broadcasters have in common? All of these occupations are focused on reporting the results from data or information. The final part of your research paper is about the data procedures, reporting, and interpretation of the results of your research topic.
For this assignment, you will create the last part of your research paper. Build on your paper from Assignments 2 and 3, and integrate feedback from your instructor. You should use the headings below for the sections of your paper.
Write a twelve to fifteen (12-15) page paper (this includes the work you already completed in Assignments 2 and 3) in which you:
These items you should have already completed in Assignments 2 and 3:
- Describe the:
- Introduction to your topic.
- Purpose of your research.
- Problem statement.
- Summarize the literature you collected related to your topic.
- Identify the:
- Gap(s) in the literature.
- Research question or hypotheses of your topic.
- Proposed theory for your research.
- Identify two to three (2-3) common themes in the literature.
- Contrast the findings and results of the literature.
- Include seven to ten (7-10) peer-reviewed quantitative or qualitative articles related to your topic.
These items are new for Assignment 4:
- Describe the participants in the study.
- If you are conducting quantitative research, describe the instrument participants completed in the study. If you are conducting qualitative research, describe the approach and interview protocol you used.
- Explain the procedures that you conducted.
- Perform the data analysis.
- Summarize your findings.
- Interpret the results of the data analysis.
- Summarize the findings and limitations of your research.
- Address the feedback from your instructor for Assignments 2 and 3.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify a research topic and describe why it can and should be studied.
- Determine the appropriateness of peer-reviewed literature to support research topics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to educational research methods.
- Use quantitative and / or qualitative approaches to create research topics.
- Analyze research methodologies that support specific research topics.
- Describe ethical considerations in the research process.
- Evaluate components of a research proposal.
- Write clearly and concisely about educational research methods using proper writing mechanics.
- Determine the appropriate research procedures when designing a quantitative study.
- Determine the appropriate research procedures when designing a qualitative study.
Below I have attached two previous assignments that needs to be incorporated in this final paper. Articles that should be used are the more current articles. Years starting at 2013 up until now.