Health Care Policy, Teaching Plan, Culminating Experience in Nursing and Nursing Research (Due 24 hours)
1) Minimum 5 full pages (No word count per page)- Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per part.
Part 1: Minimum 1 page
Part 2: minimum 1 page
Part 3: Minimum 1 page
Part 4: minimum 1 page
Part 5: Minimum 1 page
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraph
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Don’t write in the first person
Don’t copy and paste the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 3 references per part not older than 5 years
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Health Care Policy
Discuss the role that the electoral process and government plays in one’s daily work and family life. As nurses, health policy can influence both arenas of our lives.
1. What policy issues might drive nurses to lobby Congress and/or get involved in campaign politics?
2. What strategies might nurses use to have their voices heard?
Mandatory: include in your answers and references:
The American Nurse: http://www.theamericannurse.org/2014/10/22/time-for-nurses-to-get-out-the-vote/
Part 2: Teaching Plan
Purpose: Successfully teach your group of students.
Your Role: Educator
Population: Expertise Nurses in ICU
Topic: Perception and response capacity of nurses to alarm fatigue in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
As you learned in your assessment course, there are many performance observation tools that can be used in a SIM setting.
1. Provide an example of one that you plan to use for your students during your SIM lesson.
-interviews to probe student thinking
-student goal setting
2. Share it with your peers, explaining why you chose this specific one, a. Why it fits well with your lesson if you had to make modifications to it, and why.
Part 3: Culminating Experience in Nursing
Topic: Perception of Patients on the Humanized Care of the ICU Nursing Team
Research Question: What is the perception of ICU patients about the humanized care of Nicklaus Children’s hospital nursing team?
Design: The present study is of an applicative level, of a quantitative type, because it allows us to examine the data numerically, especially in statistics, a descriptive cross-sectional method since it will allow us to obtain the information presented in each time and given space.
Research grant opportunities are specifically available for nursing research, especially those for nurse educators.
1. Is there a grant that aligns to your project?
2. What steps would you have to take to apply?
Part 4: Nursing Research
1. Provide examples of experimental and nonexperimental research design.
2. Contrast the levels of control applied to each.
Part 5: Nursing Research
1. Describe sampling theory and provide examples to illustrate your definition.
2. Discuss generalizability as it applies to nursing research.